MY MOTIVE

Hello Pals,

It's been a while since I wrote here, I'm so sorry about that, different issues at hand restrained me but I'm back now with full joy, smiles all over my face and I know that you are also radiant, full of God's glory.

I also want to say Happy New Year, God will make 2018 Awesome and Wonderful for all of us.Amen.

It has been on my mind to write on this topic for almost 3 months now but I'm very glad I'm writing on it today and I know you will be greatly enriched by it.

Motive!!Motive!!Motive!!

It is gotten from the Latin word ''motivus'' which means ''moving''.Motive moves you to act.
Your motive is the motivator of your Action. Motive is the innate reason behind every step you take on the external.
So, behind every of your action is an inner drive which is YOUR MOTIVE.

I hadn't really thought about what this meant to me until I read this passage.
               ''All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the Lord'' Proverbs 16:2

It made me more aware that I can't fool God.I can fool others and even myself but ultimately God knows what I am really up to whether good or bad.

Am I really giving ''decisions'' in life to the Lord? What is my motive for the way I treated that person at work or school today? What is my motive for asking someone to help me do something? What is my motive for the dress or the outfit I put on? Is it to slay or to kill guys or girls out there? Do I always want people to know I have arrived? Do I do things to please someone rather than pleasing God? Did I tell the joke just so people would laugh and think I'm a funny girl? Why do I do what I did? are the questions I ask myself daily so as go put my motive In check.

Start asking yourself the hard questions about the motive behind your actions in every day-to-day activities. ''Don't fool yourself because God knows what is truly in your heart''.
When we examine our motives, it makes it easier to say no to the things we shouldn't be doing. It brings clarity to our actions where there may not have been clarity in the past.
It also makes it easier to follow truth and in so doing, to follow God.

Always remember;
                           '' if our desire is to do Right- to give  -Light, we are acting in  the Spirit  of Christ. But if we only desire to appear Right- to get the - spotlight, we have the wrong motive

Also, it is possible to do Right for the wrong reason.(winks)
Yeah!!!
Remember the story of King David in the Bible(11 Samuel 24:1-9) when he numbered Isreal and Judah.
Though the numbering(census) was not wrong neither a sin but because he had a  wrong motive, it became a sin.
He did it out of God's divine permission, his actions appeared to be fueled by Pride that edges God out of the equation.
He had forgotten that there is a God that searches the reins and knows the thoughts and intents of the heart, 
     "...for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by Him, actions are weighed'' (1 Samuel 2:3).

May our actions today and everyday reflect a desire to please God and not to impress people.

The challenge I leave for you is to go to God with your motive to truly understand it. If you don't completely understand it, Pray and Surrender it to Him. Ultimately, God will lead you on the path that He desires. His path is far greater than yours.

I have learned that God brings out the best in us when we give our motives to Him.

Give it to Him and may your ''motive'' be Genuine, Honourable, and Committed to the Lord, His plans will be yours and Surely they will be great.

I'll love to see your comments.

Love you so much,
Debhie(kisses)

   

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    Deeply insighful.
    Keep this up, Daughter.
    ~Pastor Ayo Oluwagunna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely written....... Keep it up dear. Even though we try to deny the motives at times but you've shown me that submitting it to God is the best

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes oo @Adenle Emmanuel
    Bless God for that
    Thanks so much Sir

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one great keep it up dear

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ALIYAH

CONFORMITY

THEN WHERE IS THE HELP ????

KASHAMADUPE

RIPPLES

TOO FAR BUT NOT GONE (1)

BEHIND THE MASK