CONFORMITY

Hiya💃🤗

Last weekend, as I sat in one of the chairs in my room replying my WhatsApp chats, I reflected through the so many contents/trends and challenges rampaging the social media space, my heart sunk for a while. What even ignited more spark within me was the fact that believers were ‘innocently’ or should I say ‘ignorantly’ participating in the trend.



It dawned on me that I was also not spared. How could that be? 

*Sighs*  Read on.

Did you know that every day, you are faced with forces that competes for your attention and loyalty? In fact, it is either you are being conformed to the world or you are standing out for Christ in the world.

Conformity to the world comes in two forms:

-actively pursuing to belong/fit in

-or passively and slowly compromising your beliefs

The first, is to be drawn to the world in all its practices and be heads over heels about it that you begin to imitate. I remember when I recently got into junior school, I wanted to experience the independence and euphoria that came with young adulthood. I was in cloud nine when I got into the association that lured me into explicit contents. I wasn’t even bothered of the Christian values I was brought up with, I just wanted to flow with the current so, in hundred little ways I copied until I became fully indistinguishable from them.

The second way comes in a more subtle way and unfortunately, most of us are caught in this web, myself inclusive. It happens so slowly that we might not even notice until the final changes have taken place.  We become conformed to the world by just lowering our guard, by neglecting to maintain a watchful comportment, by failing to hold an offensive posture against the defilements of the world and this happens when we are not cautious of what we see, watch, read, hear, think about or even the people we follow online/offline.

And what happens next?

Overtime, our understanding of our purpose become shaped by whatever is on the bestseller list instead of what God says about us in His word. Our understanding of sexuality owes more to the way it was depicted in the movies/ love show rather than to the creator of our bodies and sexuality.

Worldliness, just like gravity is always there and always mounting pressure on us to cause our downfall. That is why we are charged to resist it day after day. No matter how viral a trend goes, once the Spirit of God in you questions it, don’t even try to analyze it, rather, STOP! Don’t join it. Our ground should never shift when it comes to the truth!!! 2 Corinthians 5:20. 

Stay informed but crosscheck trends before jumping on them. Be discerning!!!

Thanks for tuning in fam🥰, of course you know you mean a lot to me and no be iro oo. Na confam truth😜. 

Love you,

Debhie.

Comments

  1. So insightful. Thank you so much for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Omo iya mi... thanks so much for reading 🤗🤗

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ALIYAH

THEN WHERE IS THE HELP ????

KASHAMADUPE

RIPPLES

TOO FAR BUT NOT GONE (1)

BEHIND THE MASK