IT'S JUST A GAME

Few days back while I was replying some whatsapp chats, a guy entered my dm and asked me some questions pertaining to a business. I innocently replied him as per business deals na. Can you imagine what happened next? Hmmm the matter big pass the one we fit settle o🤦
He forwarded a long text to me, and said it’s a game. I skimmed through the supposed game….ahhh it’s not funny o, I was fuming. Questions like “your favourite 53X position”, “size of d*** you’ll like to see”, “send me your sugarpic (S2R)" and all sorts. From business talks to all those, oo shock mii gan. I wanted to block his number but no…I left him😲. ‘He's a business prospect, so might be useful another day’, I thought. I just ignored and muted him.

Guess his next line of action? 
 
He messaged me another day, and now he painted the game in a very good way….see ehn if he was a marketer, clients will flood in mehn. He typed, ‘it’s notin’ serious na, it’s just a game after all, let’s just have fun…you don’t even have to answer all, okay let’s do it this way; let’s start with your favourite colour’. Several thoughts ran through my head as I read the chat, the point was, I didn't want to lose a business prospect, then a thought came, ‘you could answer some good questions and ignore others’. While still trying to reason that, another one dropped into my spirit, “Remember Eve! it was continual dialog that led to the look, the admiration, the attraction, the concession then the fall”. I needed no further words from a prophet. I BLOCKED and DELETED him sharply. Do you know what I learnt from that experience? Temptations can come in any form, from any angle, and at any moment that's why the scriptures says, "watch and pray always that you may be able to stand the wiles of the devil (Luke 21:36 paraphrased)'', also, Christ is worth more than any relationship/partner whatsoever.

Yayyyyy, let’s dig a little deeper 💃


With the boom of erotic contents in mainstream media, sending personal erotic messages is becoming the new norm. So many make excuses such as: “it’s just a phone conversation/texts, I can delete it when I’m done”, “I see no harm in s€xting, I’m just innocently having fun and perhaps, it is not actual s€x”. It might be shocking to hear that some so called ‘brethren’ get involved too as some biblical lines are used in reference. Read these: ‘your breasts are like the two young roes of a deer, rest your dove in the clefts of my rock’, 'your nards are like those of donkeys...'
Guys, let's even leave aside the risk of cyber bullies and all that might arise coz no matter how encrypted a site or a phone is, there is still no 100% guarantee of maximum security. Sexting, in however form (gamely, coded, or biblical) has the potency to incite sexual arousal thereby opening the door for lust (remember my last post, RIPPLES). This in turns violates God's command to walk in  purity.


Purity obviously might not be encouraged in our modern culture but it is still of utmost priority to God. As God's people, we are called to 'be holy as I (Christ) am holy (1 Peter 1:15,16)', This purity starts with your thoughts, words and actions. It begins with your phone, your bedroom, when you are alone. It has less to do with preserving virginity only but has more to do with your commitment to follow Christ and do His will no matter how hard it gets it to stand out from the crowd or how counter-cultural it may be.

Thanks so much for reading 🤗🤗, I'll love to know your thoughts on this. Kindly drop a comment below.

Much Love 💕💕💕
✍️ Debhie

Comments

  1. It's so good to have a concise message on this often ignored topic, well done sis, more grace and inspiration. GOD bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put together...serious enslavements like this begin with a slow fade.

    "...the body is for the Lord and the Lord for the body."
    - 1 Corinthians 6:13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir, truly said. Thanks so much for reading

      Delete
  3. Amen! Thanks a lot Oiza for your contribution

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grace of God will always be sufficient unto His children. Keep it up dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Very true Sir. He is ever there to help in time of need. Thanks for contributing 🤗

      Delete
  5. Nice thought. May God increase your writing adept
    Just a little addup, sexting and unpleasant chat is a potential immorality with the same mind contamination. Such mind input can't help it than to always hope for the practical. Avoid such sensory mind impulse that direct to wrong act rather guard your mind a like farmland devoid of pest and nurture right morale..
    Once again thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen
      Hmmm I love that...on point sir. Thanks so much for the add up✊🙌

      Delete
  6. Hmm...Great!
    We need to put caution and set boundaries in our dealings to avoid assumption most especially
    in relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is so thoughtful and inspiring. More anointing to write more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and Amen
      Thanks a lot. I really appreciate 🤗🤗

      Delete
  8. This is very apt and really needed at this time. All these so called games are flooding the social media space hence the need to be very discerning and sensitive. Thanks for this very insightful piece. God bless you maam🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, very true.
      Amen. Thanks so much Sir Ayo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ALIYAH

CONFORMITY

THEN WHERE IS THE HELP ????

KASHAMADUPE

RIPPLES

TOO FAR BUT NOT GONE (1)

BEHIND THE MASK